To the delight and excitement of families around the world, Disneyland has reopened all of their parks as of April 30, 2021. The parks had been closed due to the COVID19 pandemic. Here is what you may want to know if you plan to visit Disneyland Park and Disneyland California, directly from the team at Disney:
Reimagined attraction tells the story of Snow White’s ‘happily ever after’
AHAHEIM, Calif. – Guests will celebrate the timeless fairytale of Snow White in a whole new way when Disneyland Park reopens on April 30, 2021, at the Disneyland Resort. Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, an original Disneyland attraction, has been reimagined with new magic in storytelling to bring together the beloved Disney Princess, the Seven Dwarfs, the woodland creatures, the Prince – and yes, even the Evil Queen – for the ultimate storybook ending of “happily ever after.”
“The Snow White attraction has such a rich history,” said Kim Irvine, Disneyland Resort creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “We wanted to take into account the beautiful scenic work that has always existed and retell the story in a special way. We believe guests will enjoy this sweet storyline in a stunning experience.”
“You’re still going to feel a lot of suspense,” said Dave Caranci, manager of creative development, Walt Disney Imagineering. “The Evil Queen is still there outside the attraction opening the curtains. But there’s a warmer, inviting feel that’s drawing you inside and now it’s Snow White’s journey.”
Guests can expect to see Happy, Doc, Grumpy and more as they experience Snow White’s Enchanted Wish.
- State-of-the-art audio and visual technology inside the attraction is enhanced with new music, LED black lighting, new laser projections and a new animation system.
- More than 50 new animal and figure sculpts have been added throughout the attraction.
- The newly named attraction blends fresh and familiar details, including new recordings in the queue voiced by the dwarfs Happy and Grumpy in English and Spanish, respectively.
- Boarding a mine cart, guests travel through some new scenes of this classic fairytale, beginning with the dwarfs’ cozy cottage. Snow White twirls and dances with Dopey and the scent of Doc’s handiwork – a baking apple pie – wafts through the air.
- Vibrant new shadow projections bring to life the dwarfs as they march happily off to work in the mine singing “Heigh Ho.”
- The dazzling mine scene sparkles with shimmering lighting effects and glittering jewels. Guests can be on the lookout for Doc examining a jewel, Grumpy hoisting a pick, and Dopey grinning from a jewel-filled mine cart.
- The den of the Evil Queen is surrounded by a library of spell books, a glowing cauldron and flasks bubbling with colorful potions, hints of how she concocted the poison apple.
- Snow White’s enchanted wish comes true at last as she is awakened from her deep sleep by love’s first kiss, from her Prince. She reunites with her animal friends and joyfully rides off with her Prince toward a golden castle for her “happily ever after.”
- The attraction’s brick façade is now painted in warmer pinks, lighter blues and gold colors to complement Sleeping Beauty Castle. In keeping with the architectural style of a European village, the exterior is bright and welcoming, with ornamental birds, butterflies and blooming flowers.
- Guests still may see the Evil Queen spying on those below from a window above the entrance.
- Snow White was Walt Disney’s original princess, debuting in the 1937 film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” which was Walt Disney’s first full-length animated feature. This attraction remains the only ride-through princess attraction at Disneyland park.
As guests and Disney cast members work together to promote the health and safety of everyone, the Disneyland Resort is adding enhanced health and safety measures. These measures include appropriate face coverings required for all guests ages 2 and older, temperature screenings prior to park entry, physical distancing, capacity measures, enhanced cleaning procedures and cashless transactions. Markers will be placed in attraction queues to assist with physical distancing guidelines (6 feet between parties).
For a complete list of attractions and the latest Disneyland Resort information, guests may visit Disneyland.com or download the Disneyland app. Guests should have a valid theme park ticket and reservation to Disneyland.